Download PowerPoint presentation – installation guide: Leeenux Linux PPT installation Guide
- Download UNetBootIn. For instructions on using UNetBootIn visit their homepage.
- Download ISO file.
- Format USB Flash to FAT32.
- Use UNetBootIn to transfer ISO to USB flash (click on “Diskimage” and on button with “…” chose the iso. Make sure that you are writting it to the correct USB drive).
- If you are using eee netbooks, first go to BIOS with F2, on “OS Installation” change from “Finished” to “Start”, exit saving changes, and access boot menu with ESC.
- Boot from USB and Chose (Do not choose to “install Leeenux”, we must fist boot to Live OS):
- For eee 2G, 4G or 900 series, or some other PC with Celeron M or Pentium M choose “…for Pentium M or Celeron M”
- For all the rest, choose the first or the second option
- Click on the icon “Install Leeenux”. It is in menu and on the desktop.
- Follow the onscreen instructions (if your screen is too small for the window, use ALT+Drag to move it and see the buttons).
- For 2G and recommended for 4G: use custom partitioning, create just one partition and mount it as “/”. Do not create SWAP partition!
- Once finished, click on Restart NOW, and when you get frozen screen, click ENTER.
- For eee 2G and 4G: Go once again to BIOS and change “OS Installation” to “Finished”.